Current Key West Events
Due to the coronavirus crisis, most near-term Florida Keys special events have been or are likely to be canceled. If you see an event listed, please check the event’s website or call its organizer for more details.
- Oct 20, 2020 - Nov 30, 2020 Location: Key West
- Second Annual Key West Tropical Forest & Botanical Garden’s ‘Scarecrows in the Forest’
- Stroll through the Garden and view scarecrow entries from local artists, nonprofit groups, and individual residents. Scarecrow creators are encouraged to use natural or recycled materials. Cash prizes will be awarded with 'Best in Show' chosen by garden visitors. The Garden is located at 5210 College Road, on Stock Island.
- Oct 22, 2020 Location: Key West Category: Arts & Culture
- Paint and Sip Evening with a Key West Artist
- Enjoy a fundraising event for the Keys' Montessori School, featuring a local Key West artist Susan Beskowitz, Master of Fine Arts. From 6-8 p.m., at Stone Soup Gallery at 802 White St. Art supplies including an 11x14 canvas with acrylic paints, wine and appetizers are included in $50 pp cost.
- Oct 23, 2020 - Oct 24, 2020 Location: Key West Category: Arts & Culture
- Big Bawdy Boo-lesque Show
- The Bi Bawdy Boo-lesque Show runs for two evening performances featuring Amour along with a hit-list of favorite local performers, international burlesque superstars, amazing aerial acrobats, and all your favorite Frightening characters including vampires and vixens, monsters and more. Doors open 7:30 p.m., performance starts at 8 p.m., at Key West Theater, 512 Eaton St. Seating is to be socially distanced. Masks are to be worn inside the theater.
- Oct 24, 2020 Location: Key West
- Fantasy Fest 2020 Streaming Event: Smallest Parade in the Universe
- Capping an eight-week “Community Wins” fundraising campaign for local nonprofit organizations, the talent extravaganza is to include donation opportunities to help provide housing assistance to residents impacted by COVID-19. Fantasy Fest aficionados can enjoy a small-scale virtual version of Fantasy Fest’s traditional Duval Street parade of exotically decorated floats. Unique miniature floats are to take center stage in the 7-9 p.m. Float entries are to be “PG-13” rated, and may include lights and animated elements, but must not exceed a length, width or height of 18 inches. They are to “parade” down a replica of Duval Street while projections are flashed on the “street” to make them look like full-sized floats. At the parade’s conclusion, the floats are to be sold via an online auction. Proceeds are to benefit the Monroe Association for ReMARCable Citizens, a Florida Keys nonprofit that provides life services for adult developmentally and intellectually disabled residents.