ADA Website Compliance
Accessibility Statement for The Florida Keys and Key West Website
Updated March 5, 2021
Monroe County Tourist Development Council (MCTDC) is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Monroe County Tourist Development Council (MCTDC) takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of The Florida Keys and Key West Website:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
- Subscribe to Dinolytics, a WCAG 2.1 AA automated website scan tool to ensure technical compliance.
- Hire outside consultants to manually scan our site to uncover elements not discovered by the Dinolytics tool as well as to provide additional recommendations for greater compliance.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. The Florida Keys and Key West Website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of The Florida Keys and Key West Website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on The Florida Keys and Key West Website:
- Phone: (305) 292-1880 ext. 25
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visitor address: 701 Simonton Street, Key West Florida 33040
- Postal address: 701 Simonton Street, Key West Florida 33040
We try to respond to feedback within Normal response time is one business day.Over weekends, vacations, and holidays may be longer response time..
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The Florida Keys and Key West Website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- The latest versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox are all accessible compatible browsers.
Accessibility of The Florida Keys and Key West Website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
- ColdFusion (.cfm)
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of The Florida Keys and Key West Website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for The Florida Keys and Key West Website:
- PDF Files: We have been made aware that our downloadable PDFs are not accessible. because Our PDF files were created by an outside agency, unaware of the ADA requirements pertaining to PDF files.. We are in the process of converting all of our PDF files to make them accessible. . Please use the 'report issue' form below if you encounter an issue..
- Missing Form Labels: We have been made aware that several of our forms are missing the Form Label. because Our agency was not aware of this requirement. We are currently in the process of modifying our form code to add the Form Label tags.. Please use the 'report issue' form below if you encounter an issue..
- Empty Links: A link contains no text because If a link contains no text, the function or purpose of the link will not be presented to the user. This can introduce confusion for keyboard and screen reader users. We are actively working on correcting these Empty Link errors sitewide. Please use the 'report issue' form below if you encounter an issue.
Monroe County Tourist Development Council (MCTDC) assessed the accessibility of The Florida Keys and Key West Website by the following approaches:
- External evaluation
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Monroe County Tourist Development Council (MCTDC)
Vice President, Two Oceans Digital, MCTDC Agency of Record for Websites
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 2 business days and to propose a solution within 10 business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint to Two Oceans Digital, should you be dissatisfied with our response to you.
Optimize the way you view your web browser. If you have difficulty in reading the Florida Keys and Key West website on your screen, you may be able to change the settings on your browser to help you improve readability and visibility of each webpage:
Learn about the Accessibility features of these major Internet Browsers below:
<![if !supportLists]> · <![endif]> Mozilla Firefox : Click Here for Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features
<![if !supportLists]> · <![endif]> Google Chrome : Click Here for Google Accessibility Features
<![if !supportLists]> · <![endif]> Internet Explorer : Click Here for Microsoft Internet Explorer Ease of Access Options
<![if !supportLists]> · <![endif]> Apple Safari: Click Here for Apple Accessibility Support
Destination Website Accessibility Features
This destination website for the Florida Keys and Key West is designed to be fully accessible to all and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 and conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
Our destination website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the elements of each page and by using the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
Structured, Semantic Markup
HTML heading tags are used to convey the document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group. Please see our Site Map for easy navigation at: https://fla-keys.com/site-map/
All content images include descriptive ALT attributes and all purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
The site is designed to conform to Level AA compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
<![if !supportLists]> · <![endif]> Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
<![if !supportLists]> · <![endif]> Section 508, Information and news about the accessibility standards introduced by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Accessibility Software and Services
The following tools and services are available for free to assist you with viewing and interacting with our website:
<![if !supportLists]> · <![endif]> Click Here for HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
<![if !supportLists]> · <![endif]> Click Here for Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer, a tool for viewing your web pages without a variety of modern browser features.
<![if !supportLists]> · <![endif]> Click Here for Lynx, a free text-only web browser.
Subsequent reports were run on: 11/9/2020, 10/9/2020, 9/15/2020, 8/9/2020, 7/9/2020, 6/9/2020, 05/02/2020, 04/01/2020, 03/04/2020, 02/17/2020, 01/03/2020, 12/09/2019, 11/01/2019, 10/09/2019, 09/05/19, 08/15/19, 07/02/19