Current Florida Keys Events
Due to the coronavirus crisis, most near-term Florida Keys special events have been or are likely to be canceled. If you see an event listed, please check the event’s website or call its organizer for more details.
- Sep 23, 2020 Location: Islamorada
- Keys History & Discovery Center Presents: Fall Season Lecture Series
- The lecture series for the Fall season kicks off virtually, from 6-7 p.m., with Everette Albury and Charles Pellicier. Both were born in 1928 in the remote Tavernier area which included a gas station, icehouse and sundry store, yet no formal schoolhouse. Join Everette and Charles as they regale attendees with their experiences growing up in what is now considered Historic Tavernier, the only historically-designated area in Monroe County outside of Key West. They will share stories of surviving hurricanes, living among mosquitos and other facets of daily life in the 1930s, 40s and 50s. Their conversation with accompanying photos will be led by Erin Muir, a sixth generation Tavernier resident, who is Charles’ granddaughter and Everette’s cousin. Erin is a manager with Keys History & Discovery Center. Lectures are free for members and $5 for non-members. Advance registration is required.
- Sep 23, 2020 - Oct 8, 2020 Location: Islamorada
- Oktoberfest at Islamorada Brewery & Distillery
- Spread out over two weeks and across the Islamorada Brewery’s taproom and beer garden for safe, laid back, themed fun! Enjoy specials on craft beer, cocktails and food, and compete for gift card prizes in the extended Oktobeergames.
- Sep 24, 2020 - Sep 27, 2020 Location: Marathon Category: Fishing
- Marathon International Bonefish Tournament
- Barb Hewlett 305-304-8628 Email
- Staged for over 60 years, this mid-Keys tournament is one of the Keys' oldest. Registration starts 4 p.m. Sept 24, at Florida Keys Country Club. Captain's meeting is at 5:30 p.m. Anglers fish 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Friday - Sunday. Fish check-in, socially-distanced cocktail parties and awards ceremony to be held at Country Club.
- Sep 26, 2020 - Sep 27, 2020 Location: Key West
- Lower Keys Fall Migration Mania: Birding & Wildlife Adventure at Key West Tropical Forest
- 312-590-0390 Email Website
- Join the flock and explore the natural wonder of the annual migration inside the tropical forest along with Mark Hedden, writer, photographer and birding guide. For the 12th year, learn as you enjoy the wonders of the annual migration at one of the Lower Keys iconic bird and butterfly hotspots. The Garden is located at 5210 College Road on Stock Island. Open 8 a.m. to 4p.m. each day. Event features outdoor events, safe, social distance protocols are in effect. Masks required of attendees.