Current Islamorada Events
Due to the coronavirus crisis, most near-term Florida Keys special events have been or are likely to be canceled. If you see an event listed, please check the event’s website or call its organizer for more details.
- Sep 23, 2020 Location: Islamorada
- Keys History & Discovery Center Presents: Fall Season Lecture Series
- The lecture series for the Fall season kicks off virtually, from 6-7 p.m., with Everette Albury and Charles Pellicier. Both were born in 1928 in the remote Tavernier area which included a gas station, icehouse and sundry store, yet no formal schoolhouse. Join Everette and Charles as they regale attendees with their experiences growing up in what is now considered Historic Tavernier, the only historically-designated area in Monroe County outside of Key West. They will share stories of surviving hurricanes, living among mosquitos and other facets of daily life in the 1930s, 40s and 50s. Their conversation with accompanying photos will be led by Erin Muir, a sixth generation Tavernier resident, who is Charles’ granddaughter and Everette’s cousin. Erin is a manager with Keys History & Discovery Center. Lectures are free for members and $5 for non-members. Advance registration is required.
- Sep 23, 2020 - Oct 8, 2020 Location: Islamorada
- Oktoberfest at Islamorada Brewery & Distillery
- Spread out over two weeks and across the Islamorada Brewery’s taproom and beer garden for safe, laid back, themed fun! Enjoy specials on craft beer, cocktails and food, and compete for gift card prizes in the extended Oktobeergames.