Current Islamorada Events
- Jun 3, 2019 - Sep 2, 2019 Location: Islamorada Category: Arts & Culture
- History of Diving Museum Salutes Military with FREE Admission
- History of Diving Museum is once again participating as a Blue Star Museum. Since the programs’ inception in 2010 HDM has collaborated with the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families and the Department of Defense, along with more than 2,000 museums across America. This unique platform offers free admission to the nation’s active duty military personnel and up to five family members, from Armed Forces Day to Labor Day. Over 1,500 individuals have benefited by visiting the History of Diving Museum alone.
- Jun 3, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019 Location: Islamorada Category: Arts & Culture
- Diving With a Purpose, 15 Year Odyssey: Restoring Our Oceans, Preserving Our Heritage
- Multiple groups such as Diving With a Purpose, the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary, Biscayne National Park, and more have spent 15 years working together to showcase cultural and natural resources throughout the country. They focus in the protection, documentation, and interpretation of African slave trade shipwrecks and the maritime history and culture of African-Americans. This new exhibit at the History of Diving Museum, mile marker 82.9, highlights several shipwrecks and aircraft and the archaeological processes used to study them.