Current Florida Keys Arts & Culture Events
Due to the coronavirus crisis, many near-term special events in the Florida Keys have been, or are likely to be, canceled or adapted to virtual environments. Highest risk continues to be large in-person gatherings where it is difficult for individuals to remain spaced at least 6 feet apart and attendees travel from outside the local area.
- Jan 20, 2021 - Apr 30, 2021 Key West Arts & Culture
- Fringe Theater 2021 Season
- Email Website
- Fringe Theater’s 2020-21 season was designed with three things in mind: safety, creativity and flexibility. One-person shows are to be presented online and in-person, and readings are free and online. Visit website for current productions and readings.
- Mar 30, 2021 - May 3, 2021 The Lower Keys Arts & Culture
- Connections Project Mural: ‘A Mosaic of the Keys’
- The Connections Project mural, titled “A Mosaic of the Keys” is made up of individual 6-by-6-inch canvases that were decorated by local artists and creative residents, with the completed pieces arranged into the colorful mosaic. Art lovers can see the mural during a Keyswide “road show” tour, currently at Big Pine Key’s Artists in Paradise Gallery.
- Apr 19, 2021 - Apr 26, 2021 Key West Arts & Culture
- Painting Boot Camp with Rick Worth
- Presented by the Studios of Key West, 533 Eaton St., Key West artist Rick Worth returns with Painting Boot Camp, the class that invites you to paint along, step-by-step, creating your own masterpiece. This season, in order to allow for safe distancing, class will be held in the morning, outdoors in TSKW covered courtyard. Have fun, learn essential skills, and walk away with a brand-new painting each week. All levels, materials included. Classes available Mondays only, spaces limited. Class fee of $135 applies.
- Apr 21, 2021 - Apr 23, 2021 Key West Arts & Culture
- Afro Roots Fest Key West
- Afro Roots World Music is one of the longest-running events of its kind. The festival started at Tobacco Road, and has been staged at various locations throughout South Florida. Afro Roots, now regional, spans from Jupiter to Key West. At 5:30 and 9 p.m. each day, live music is to be staged at The Green Parrot - 601 Whitehead St.; musical acts include Cortadito with special guest Tomas Diaz (April 21); Guerra Grooves (April 22) FABI World Music with special guest ITAWE (April 23).