Current Key Largo Events
- Mar. 29, 2019 - Mar. 30, 2019 Location: Key Largo
- REEF presents: Winter Lionfish Derby Weekend
- Captain's Meeting is mandatory for the team captains, and all team members are encouraged to attend, 6:30 - 7:30pm, at REEF headquarters, 98300 Overseas Hwy. The team captain must be one of the four participants in the derby, but does not need to be the captain of the boat. Safe collecting and handling techniques and derby rules will be reviewed. Saturday, March 30th at Sharkey’s Pub and Galley Restaurant Teams may begin collecting lionfish at sunrise. All lionfish must be turned into the scoring station by 5 p.m. (dock at Sharkey's Pub & Galley) From 5-6 pm: Scoring and public lionfish tastings. Awards will immediately follow scoring. Lionfish scoring, fillet and dissection demonstrations, games, raffle prizes and other activities will start at 5PM. Sharkey's will be offering lionfish tastings and drink specials open to public. Registration cost: $120 per team (minimum 2 people per team, maximum 4 people)
- Mar. 30, 2019 Location: Key Largo Category: Arts & Culture
- Keys Community Concert Band presents: Swaying Sounds of Paradise
- 305-853-7294 Email Website
- A free concert at the Murray Nelson Government Center outdoor Peace Park in Key Largo. Performances are outdoors; no chairs provided, bring blankets. Starts at 4 p.m. Admission free for all concerts. Presented by Keys Community Concert Band. Theme is Florida Heritage in History and Song.